Monday, January 15, 2007

Shameful

So I realize this is the first post that's actually from London. It really bugs me running around trying to scrounge hedge-internets from various hotel rooms and coffee shops, so I've been putting off the "check out my new london digs" post and the "Today we went and poked British guards in the face" post. Actually the guards were standing behind a giant fence and not even wearing bright red coats. Instead they were wearing grey coats, carrying large machine guns, and walking back and forth in a not very comical manner. Cowards. If not for their fancy fence they would have been subjected to a vicious poking that would shrivel the will of mortal ticklish men.

Anyway, as awesome as our new flat is, it is as yet unequipped with the internet. People have spoken of feeling homesick (or of averting such feelings with the use of a McDonald's hamburger); I feel homesick for readily accessible wireless broadband - my presence in the flat still feels transitory and probably will until we get internet installed. When that time comes, rest assured that this space will be full of touristy pictures and possibly a gloating Youtube tour of the flat. To tide you over until then, here's a picture of the guard that mocked me with his drab attire and heavily-armed aloofness:The poor quality of the picture is indicative of the distance his fence kept me at - a visual testament of his craven nature.

One day, Mr. Large Hat. One day.

No comments: