Thursday, February 1, 2007

Still shameful

So I recall saying something like once I had Internet I'd be posting more often. Obviously that was some sort of lie.

Anyway, hopefully this will get me more into the habit of posting. I was about to apologize that there was still no "Here's what I did in London!" post b/c I should go to bed so I can get up early tomorrow, but I figure that actually posting a (truncated) version of that will probably take about the same time. So let's see what pictures I can dig up.



This is Westminster Abbey. We went on a tour of it last week, and they don't let you take pictures inside it, so that's all you get. Inside are a lot of dead people, names of other dead people, pillars, a few chairs, chandeliers, and stern British clergy.

Oh, before that we went on a walk around St. Paul's Cathedral. We stopped in that place in the movie "Closer."


Sweet.

Ok, yesterday we went to the Tower of London. I'd been there briefly with the flatmates, and it is apparently impossible to take a picture of the place without it looking ominous enough to house an evil scientist with a multisyllabic surname.

See? Night or day, the place looks like it needs lightning striking it and clouds of bats encircling it. Maybe a few dragons for good measure. I originally wanted these pics to be side by side but I can't figure out how to make it do that right now, so I'll just fill the space with this crap that you just read. Anyway, I guess the creepy image goes pretty well with the fact that there was a buttload of torture and murder that went on in this place, but there's also a few none torture-related things here. Bling, for one. They keep the Crown Jewels here, pretty much the largest collection of shiny rocks and really heavy metal objects in the world. They've got the largest diamond in the world on a stick (when Americans see it they just want to complete the process and deep-fry that fucker). There's a solid gold punch bowl large enough to comfortably drown two or three reasonably annoying toddlers in. That, my friends, is luxury.

There are a few other things there, like giant ravens, but it's getting late and we're going to Stratford tomorrow. Seeing Richard III, having a few dozen tours, Warwick Castle, Oxford. Should be an interesting time. Anyway, sleep now, more non-posting later.

1 comment:

Alice said...

you forgot to mention our fort knort.
and how glorious it was.

and how one gay dave passed out at the foot (more like the side) of your bed and you liked it. or rather you didn't. but he did it twice.

and this officially ends the alice-addendum.